Panzerkampfwagen MAUS. Design and Production
(authors Zheltov I. Yu Pasholok)
This book examines the history of one of the greatest symbols of German tank - two hundred ton tank "Maus". About this legendary machine you can find a lot of rumors , and in materials limited to rewriting the same scraps of information, what not always reliable. But here you will find - a full historical investigation, collected the most interesting, important and balanced information.
The book describes the history of the tank and its creation, as well as analyzes prerequisites for the establishment of this super-heavy monster. From the book you will learn the history of the German heavy tanks, and not just one Mouse. Considered in great detail all the way development and life cycle of the machine - from the first design sketches to her trials and postwar fate.
From this book you will learn:
- Why did used this funny nickname "Mouse" for such a formidable tank;
- How much "Mouse" was completely built and what kind of modifications;
- Why the Germans did not manage to try out their tanks in action;
- How the museum in Kubinka as an exhibit appeared Mouse;
- How useful or useless was the development of the tank;
- Why the tank was able to overcome the deep waters of up to 8 meters;
- How well armored tank was actually;
- The strengths and weaknesses of the tank;
- and much more!
Also in the book you will find a detailed analysis of the characteristics of the tank and learn the shocking conclusions of the authors about the possibility of real combat use. In the military-historical literature "Maus" is considered to be an expensive toy, unsuitable for the battlefield. Following consideration of archival documents picture is not that simple ...As an illustration, the material used articles from the magazine "Herald of the tank industry" in October-November 1945. It tells of the construction of this super-heavy tank. The book is richly illustrated with diagrams and pictures of foreign and Russian archives. Much of the material available in this book, first published!